The Belt & Road Exhibition of Painting, Calligraphy, and Photography for Chinese -- Paint the Silk Road and Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Communist Party of China
To build the Silk Road Economic Belt and 21st Century Maritime Silk Road is an important proposition of China, under a series of strategies to comprehensively deepen economic reform and open up to the outside world at a higher level. As the driving force and engine of the Belt and Road, culture plays an irreplaceable role as the soft power in the implementation of the Belt & Road Initiative.
The Belt and Road Initiative needs broad international involvements and the contributions of all Chinese, both Chinese citizens and oversea Chinese. What has been inseparable for decades is the bloodline of Yan Di and Huang Di and the feeling of hometown, and building a strong homeland is always the common wish of all overseas Chinese.
This exhibition of fine calligraphy and painting aims to present the Silk Road with love, envision the Great Renaissance of China in calligraphies and paintings. We expect contributions of calligraphies and paintings that show the prosperity and civilization of the regions involved in Belt and Road Initiative, and the life of the Chinese in sought of the Great Renaissance in this new era. We also hope the exhibition can consolidate the recognition of Chinese origin in both Chinese culture and national identity among all Chinese at home and overseas. This exhibition bears the will to build the Chinese Dream with one heart and is dedicated to the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Communist Party of China.
Shenzhen Committee of China Zhi Gong Party
The Publicity Department, Futian District Committee,Shenzhen
Shenzhen Literature and Art Federation
Public Culture and Sports Development Center,Futian District,Shenzhen
Shenzhen Artists Association
Shenzhen Calligraphers Association
Shenzhen Photographers Association
Contributions are solicited from the following participants:
1.Artworks by members of the China Zhi Gong Party,expert members of Shenzhen Zhi Gong Painting and CalligraphyInstitute,and other artists residing in China mainland；
2.Invited artwork contributions by organizations and individuals of oversea Chinese and artists from HongKong,Macao and Taiwan,and othe rcontributions of interested artists.
Requirements of participating artists and artworks
1. Paintings by Mainland Chinese (at most 60 pieces).
2. Paintings by oversea Chinese (at most 60 pieces): These artworks will be selected among the patriotic overseas Chinese artists with global impact.
3. Themes: Positively motivated artworks reflecting the building of a shared community of humankind, peace, the development of China.
4. Size of artworks: 6 feet apart or 4 feet vertical, 4 feet apart is limited to small script, printing screen, fine brush painting, etc. Other kinds of paintings should not exceed this size.
5. Photography: 4MB or above.
6.The national and international participating works consist of invited and free submissions: the invited Chinese and foreign works will be selected by a committee of experts; the free submissions are invited worldwide.
Organization and schedule
1. Each artist is required to submit 1 or 2 images of their works for selection by the expert Committee, and shall fill in a unified registration form for exhibitors and a work information form.
2.Please attach the electronic version of the personal photo to the artist registration form, which shall meet the printing needs (not less than 1MB).
☝Registration form of works downloaded by scanning code
3. In August 2021, the jury will select all the submitted works on the basis of the photos of the works, after completing the procedures for submitting and approving the relevant foreign affairs, the results of the selection will be released on the relevant websites. At the same time, the organizer will send a notice to the selected artists to clarify the responsibilities, rights and obligations of both parties. And invitations will be sent to selected overseas artists. Non-selected artists will not be notified.
4. The organizing committee reserves the following rights: free display of specially invited and selected works, the right to take free photos of the exhibitors and the free use of the photos, the free use of the personal information of the artist's on the application form and on the website for domestic and foreign publicity, as well as picture albums and other public publication of the exhibition.
5. All time nodes are for reference only, and the exact schedule is based on the actual progress of the project. If participants need to cooperate with the organizer for the new schedule, they will be notified separately.
Framing,packaging,shipping and insurance
1. The organizing committee shall bear the round-trip freight for the exhibitors at home and abroad(except for the works of special exhibitions).
2. The insurance fee for the round-trip transportation of selected works at home and abroad shall be borne by the exhibitors, and the insurance of the works during the exhibition period shall be uniformly insured by the organizing committee.
3. The organizing committee shall promptly inform the overseas participants of the final transportation agency by website announcement and e-mail. The transport agency shall get in touch with overseas participants. Before August 20, 2021, overseas participants are required to pack their works in a fumigated box and hand it over to a transport agent appointed by the organizing committee, with the number of the exhibitor as informed by the Organizing Committee on the outside of the box. In order to ensure smooth customs clearance of the works, if the selected works from abroad are packed in logs (including all materials used for packing the works, such as boxes, padding, wedges, etc.), the logs must be fumigated and marked with the IPPC (International Plant Protection Convention) mark of the country on at least two sides.
Before August 20, 2021, domestic participants must send the packaged exhibition works to the designated place by the organizing Committee, and the exhibition number informed by the organizing Committee should be clearly stated in the packaging box, which must be of the transportation nature from "door" to "door", and the round-trip freight should be borne by the organizing Committee.
The artists must deliver the selected works to the transport agent on time, and cannot change the works without permission, otherwise the Organizing Committee has the right to refuse to accept them. If the selected works are not delivered to the agent or to the place designated by the Organizing Committee before the deadline, the Organizing Committee will not be responsible for the consequences of not being able to display the works under such circumstances.
4. If all participating works (including works for special exhibition) are damaged during transportation due to improper self-packaging, damaged, dropped, deformed and other changes due to their own instability, or if the works are damaged during self-transportation, the Organizing Committee will inform the artists in time, but will not assume any responsibility.
5. The organizing committee will be responsible for the return of exhibited works.
Portfolio and Publicity Materials
1. Portfolio: Color printing. In addition to all the exhibits, the participant resume, works description and other written contents will also be included. Each exhibitor will receive two copies.
2. Booklets for Guide, and brochures for help.
3. Colored posters.
4. Invitation to the opening ceremony and seminar.
Deadline,address and contact information
Deadline for submission of photos：
15 July 2021
Deadline for sending original artwork：
20 August 2021
Contact: Tingyu Wang
No.221 Xin'an 4th Road, Xin'an Street, Bao'an District, Shenzhen
Zip Code: 518101
Recipient: Youzi Huang
24, September –8,October 2021
10: 00am on Friday, 24 September, 2021
Shenzhen Futian Art Museum
1. After the exhibition, the original artwork will be returned to the artist in principle, but it can also be donated to the Shenzhen Committee of the Communist Party for collection if the artist agrees. and a collection certificate will be issued.
2. A catalogue entitled "The painting of Silk Road celebrates a hundred years”The Painting, Calligraphy, and Photography of Belt and Road Initiative Exhibition for Chinese and overseas Chinese " will be presented to each participant.
3. A certificate of participation will be issued by the organizers to the participants.
4. After this exhibition, the works, portfolios and certificates will be forwarded to participants by the organizers.